Today I rallied, Dave rallied, and we ventured forth into the world. I got blisters on the bottoms of my feet from my birkenstocks. Also, I stuck my toes into the ocean (very cold), checked out some snails, dropped my bike off at the bike shop to get spiffed up, bought some bread, and stared at the sky from a park bench and noticed a huge military jet way way way up. Dave is now vacuuming and I am sitting on the couch feeling sorry for my feet. Don’t let anyone tell you that marriage isn’t the best thing in the whole fucking world.
Also the best things in the whole fucking world:
- celery with peanut butter.
- scallops from the local fish market that are SO MUCH CHEAPER than Whole Foods. Oh my god we’re going to eat scallops every single day.
- fresh bread with dip. This is the dip: garlic clove, minced, selection of herbs (basil in particular), olive oil. This is part of why Dave and I run through a head of garlic a week.
- greek yogurt with cut up strawberries and brown sugar and almonds. You want a 1:1 ratio of greek yogurt to strawberries. This reminds me of when I was little and my mum would make us strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar and we’d dip the strawberry into the sour cream and then into the brown sugar. Except that this is something that you can legitimately eat for breakfast. Oh my god so delicious.
- the mint julep that I am going to make myself right now with my uber-prolific windowsill mint.
That is all.
* Apparently all of Canada is on fire.